Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Year Ago Flashback: June 17, 2008

One year ago:

So this morning I woke up to someone coming to take my blood, no it wasn't a vampire, it was a pesky nurse! I think I had just fallen asleep when I was rudely awakened at 5am! When she was finished, I tried to get back to sleep but it didn't happen. Pretty soon, another nurse came in to check my blood pressure and guess what? It's up again. Looks like I'm going to do another 24 hour urine test. Fun, fun, fun! We'll find out the results tomorrow. This will be my third one so I've become a pro at tracking my intake and outtake of fluids! Anyhow, my blood pressure really is getting out of control and so is my swelling! I am retaining so much water that my legs, particularly my thighs, have ballooned to the point that my skin feels like it is going to rip off! You can even see marks on my skin from where it is stretching and pulling. Ouch! My husband told me that my legs look like they have at least doubled in size. It is so painful to walk so I try not to get up except to use the bathroom. It is more painful than anything I have experienced up to this point and won't be upset when all of this is over! Speaking of swelling, because I am so puffy, the blood pressure cuff keeps freaking out on my arm and pops off, only after it squeezes me to death! The nurses have it set up for the computer to automatically take my blood pressure every 15 minutes or so but it just goes ballistic! I've had to ask the nurses to do it manually because it's really hurting. Gosh, being 31+ weeks pregnant with triplets is a blast! No really, I'm just glad that I've been able to keep the babies in for this long and that they are holding their own. Tomorrow will be my goal of 32 weeks so it looks like I'm going to make it!

No comments: