Monday, June 15, 2009

Year Ago Flashback: June 15, 2008

One year ago:

Today is Father's Day and Sunday so it's been pretty quiet. Fortunately, the contractions have stopped and I'm just trying to get rest in between monitoring of the babies, blood draws, blood pressure checks and bathroom trips, besides the fact that I'm as large as a beached whale! Since I've been in the hospital, I've gained 15 pounds, 10 of which I gained in one day. The swelling and water retention has really been taking it's toll. I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. It's just so hard to find a comfortable position now.

My husband and parents came over after church and brought me dinner. No hospital food tonight! Dinner was delicious: pot roast, potatoes and carrots. It was fun to have their company and to give cards to my husband and father. Eric got a great gift from my parents: a daddy diaper dootie tool belt complete with tongs, rubber gloves and protective safety glasses.

All in all, it was a good day and we're one more day closer to 32 weeks!

No comments: