The visit itself went very well. The doctor was very impressed with how big everyone had gotten over the past 3 months. Here's their latest stats:
Krista
Weight: 20 lbs. 10.5 oz. (50th %)
Length: 28.5 in. (30th %)
Head Circ: 44 cm (40th %)
Length: 28.5 in. (30th %)
Head Circ: 44 cm (40th %)
Jamison
Weight: 21 lbs. 4.5 oz. (40th %)
Length: 29 in. (25th %)
Head Circ: 46 cm (40th %)
Length: 29 in. (25th %)
Head Circ: 46 cm (40th %)
Kiera
Weight: 17 lbs. 5 oz. (3rd %)
Length: 27 in. (5th %)
Head Circ: 44 cm (40th %)
Length: 27 in. (5th %)
Head Circ: 44 cm (40th %)
It's interesting to note that all three fall in the same percentile for their head circumference.
I filled out a questionnaire about their development and everything looked good except for Jamison's gross motor development, which we already knew was an issue since he is currently seeing a physical therapist to help him in this area. We also have an appointment on July 1st in Baltimore for their NICU follow-up appointment where they will be evaluated in greater detail. Stay tuned!
Before we left, the babies got their vaccinations. I always hate when the babies get their shots but I know it's a necessary evil. I know there is a lot of debate about vaccinations right now and I'll admit, I was a bit unsure of what to do about this. I declined the Hep B vaccination in the NICU because I felt that they were too small. I took a lot of heat for it from the nurses but I know it was the right decision. After much prayer, I felt okay to continue with the rest of the vaccinations on schedule.
At the appointment, we also got the go ahead to transition to whole milk. When we came home, my mother was there and had a gallon of it in her hand. She was so excited to introduce the babies to the family's favorite beverage!
We take them back when they are 15 months. It's crazy it's already been a year. I remember taking them into the office right after they got home from the NICU and they were teeny weenies and now they seem so big!




3 comments:
so envious that you are done with formula! Great stats!!!
We don't get any of the evaluations that you get at the NICU, I wonder if it is a hospital thing? We just go to the doctor for their check ups and that's it!
As for transitioning to Milk, you mentioned to me you were having trouble with Jamison...just a thought if you are not already doing it. The first day, we just did a little milk, then mostly formula in the bottle and kept increasing the milk each day until we were only on milk! Now they all do great...so long as its warm!
It sure is great!
You have done an amazing job in this overwhelming year! MILK and HAIRCUTS. Wow it is going fast!
Post a Comment