Up to this point, we've been duking it out, as I totally had forgotten about "The Wheel...", but tonight I'm bringing this ingenius problem solver upstairs to bed with me! At least I can fall asleep knowing that I've got a 50% chance of being the lucky winner of the next Night Shift!Saturday, December 13, 2008
Night Shift
We have been very fortunate that our babies have been sleeping through the night since the end of August when they were about 10 weeks old (2 weeks adjusted.) This came as a surprise at the time since they were so little but the pediatrician said it was fine as long as they started to eat more during the daytime feedings to make up for it. We've considered this a blessing and have enjoyed getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, especially now that I've finally given up nursing and pumping in the last week or so.
Jamison must have heard this latest news because in the last few days, ever since we switched the babies back to a 4 hour feeding schedule, he's been waking up wanting to eat at all hours of the night, often times getting us up out of bed to console him. He's been having trouble taking full feedings during the day so he is waking up in the night and realizing his tummy is empty. I'm hoping as he adjusts to the new schedule of feedings:7, 11, 3 and 7 and starts to eat more during those feedings, he'll sleep through the night. In the meantime, Eric and I lay in the bed debating on who is going to attend to the hungry little guy. Lucky for us, one of our friends from church, Christi, gave us something to make this decision for us: The Wheel of Responsibility. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with this spinneresque system so I thought I'd post a picture of it.
Up to this point, we've been duking it out, as I totally had forgotten about "The Wheel...", but tonight I'm bringing this ingenius problem solver upstairs to bed with me! At least I can fall asleep knowing that I've got a 50% chance of being the lucky winner of the next Night Shift!
Up to this point, we've been duking it out, as I totally had forgotten about "The Wheel...", but tonight I'm bringing this ingenius problem solver upstairs to bed with me! At least I can fall asleep knowing that I've got a 50% chance of being the lucky winner of the next Night Shift!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I wish I would of hard that when my boys were little. Now you will have 50% chance on feead changing etc. I LOVE it
That is awesome about the wheel of responsibility. I have a book with the wheel of responsibility on it wrapped up at this moment ready to give to a friend at a shower today. Hope it all works out for you, and if it helps at all, once my boys started sleeping through the night, those momentary lapses were just that, momentary. Good luck.
I do have facebook & would like to join the group. We love Raleigh and are actually in the Clayton ward since we live just in Johnston county. We were in the Garner ward. Both wards are fantastic!
I need your wisdom!! How in the world did you get them sleeping through the night at 2 weeks adjusted? You are amazing... I must admit I'm jealous!
I gotta get my hands on one of those wheels! Where'd you pick it up?
Post a Comment