He had a church meeting earlier in the day so while he was gone, I baked him a triple chocolate fudge cake with milk chocolate icing. I had to hide the cake in the pots and pans cabinet so he wouldn't see it, although I neglected to adequately hide the cake mix box and frosting container. Luckily, Eric was oblivious and had already resigned to the fact that he wouldn't be getting a cake since I've been very busy this week with the babies and limited help.
I also managed on Friday to slip out for a few minutes while I had friends over helping with the babies to get birthday cards from the babies and me. The card I found from the trio was perfect, I just have to share!
I made a nice dinner: chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. When Eric came to the table, he did a double take when he found a cake and two envelopes sitting there waiting for him. I think he was very pleased! Here's a shot of the 3 little monkeys with their Daddy!
They love him sooooo much and so do I! He is a great husband and father and I'm so grateful to have him for eternity. In addition to being a wonderul hubby and daddy, he is extremely intelligent, handy with any project - helping to make our home beautiful, very patient, has a quirky sense of humor, is sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, as well as countless other qualities I won't list here, to spare him embarassment. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to go out together some night this week to continue the celebration. Happy 32nd Birthday, Eric!




2 comments:
I can't believe a year has gone bye. last time we saw you guys was for Eric's birthday. Happey Birthday Eric.
What a great wife you are! I bet he loved every minute of it! He seems like such a good daddy to the babies!!!
Post a Comment