Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The First Noel

It was a year ago today, last Christmas Eve, that we found out we were having TRIPLETS!!! We went in to have our first sonogram and as the doctor moved the probe around, he said, "There's one sac, and another, and another!"


We were beyond shocked to say the least! We had been told that we had a 15% chance of twins and a less than 1% chance of conceiving triplets so having three never even crossed my mind! Once I finally registered what the doctor was saying, tears started to stream down my face. Even though this did come as a surprise, it was the best Christmas present that we could ever be given! We are in complete awe that a year later, we have three healthy, beautiful babies here with us. What a difference a year makes!

To celebrate "The First Noel" with our family, we decided to create our own little nativity with Krista as Mary, Jamison as Joseph and Kiera as Baby Jesus. The babies looked so precious all dressed up!


I originally wanted to have a photo of the trio in nativity attire be our Christmas card for 2008 but I ended up sending out birth announcements instead. However, I've decided that each year, as a new tradition, we'll use the lyrics from a Christmas carol as the theme for our family Christmas card. You can consider this image our "card" for this year.


We are so grateful for the Christmas season where we can reflect on what is truly important: the birth and example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. May His spirit warm your home and heart as you celebrate Christmas with your own family!

14 comments:

Chad and Kristina said...

Super cute!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Can Krista's cheeks be any chubbier? I totally love them! The idea is a great one.

April said...

That is so adorable, you have it all together, you are totally amazing! I hope your Christmas was as awesome as you all are!

Merry Christmas

Expressions By Devin said...

Your babies are adorable.the doctor has out me on clomide and they are saying the say thing.I already have 3 sets of twins on my dads side of the family.I would be happy to just have anything.You have a wonderful blog and family .I am going to mark your blog so I can come back!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Soooo adorable! Your babies are just too cute. I also wanted to say Congrats on being Saucy!!!

momma said...

cute card! i'm sure you'll have fun each year planning your cards and songs.

(visiting from sits)

Unknown said...

They are just adorable! I had to smile - you found out you were pregnant 4 days before I did! Congrats to your bundles of fun and to being so saucy :)

Karol said...

That is the cutest picture (and idea!) ever! Have fun being 'saucy' this week!

*hugs* from a fellow SITSta!

Debra said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Jenn said...

What a great idea! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!!!

Pamela said...

that is the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

I am linking over from SITS! I swear to you your babies are WAY TOO PRECIOUS!! I was laughing so hard at your precious nativity picture! SOO CUTE!!!

The Joynes Girls said...

Those photos are hysterical! I could never imagine triplets. I have my hands full with one very energetic kid.