Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our latest Pedi appointment

We just got back from the Pediatrician and it's a mixed review.

The GOOD news:

-The babies are growing like weeds! Everyone in the office was commenting on how big they have gotten since the last time we were in the office. Here's the latest stats:
  • Krista - 10 lbs. 14.5 oz. (up 3 lbs. 2 oz.)
  • Jamison- 11 lbs. 8.5 oz. (up 2 lbs. 11 oz. - ironically what Kiera weighed at birth!)

  • Kiera - 8 lbs. 13.5 oz. (up 2 lbs. 10.5 oz.)

-We have the go-ahead to go back to a 4-hour feeding schedule. In the last week or two, the babies have not been as interested in eating as they should be, making the feeding sessions take far too long and leaving hardly any time before the next one. I mentioned to the Dr. that they seemed to be changing the schedule and she agreed that we should follow suit.

-We're finally going to get our FREE formula from Enfamil that we are entitled to as being a multiple birth family. The paperwork for this was originally filled out in the NICU but we never received any, as we're supposed to receive 1 case per baby for three months. I had been asking around on the Triplet Connection, a networking site for triplet families, to see if other people had problems with this as well. Turns out that we're not the only ones! However, we were recently contacted by the local rep and the paperwork was filled out again today so bring on the formula!

The BAD news:

-Many people have been asking when the babies will be able to come off the monitors and we were hoping that today would be the day. Unfortunately, all of the babies are still having bradycardia (low heart rate) and/or apnea (short periods of not breathing) episodes on occasion. Jamison only had 2 bradycardia episodes over the last 6 weeks but he needs to have 0 in order to come off. The girls are having both types and Kiera especially. So they will be on them at least another month, but we suspect it might be longer than that. On the bright side, although the monitors are loud, obnoxious, bulky and an all-around pain in the caboose, at least we know that our precious babies are okay since they are being monitored 24/7.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Jaime!

Thanks for sharing your blog with us. It is so fun to see pics of the babies and we are excited to see them at church in a couple of weeks. I am glad they are growing so well! I hope you are getting some sleep once in a while. Just think of the play dates we'll have around here in a couple of years!

In Good Company said...

I love all the updates. The Lee's are so glad to hear the babies are growing. We think you two are amazing. I wish I could fly out and watch your babies for a little bit so you and Eric could take a long nap, than shower and than go out on a date. Wouldn't that be a dream!

Jennitripletsplus1 said...

Hi triplet mom and dad! I have been hearing from your mom since you were pregnant. I'm glad everything went well with the pregnancy and birth. My triplets are almost 11. I can hardly believe it! We have 2 boys and a girl. I do have a website that I will someday be updating. But you can read about our life here: http://www.geocities.com/ausconken

We also adopted a little girl about 4 years ago. I just can't be normal when it comes to my kids. We always do things the hard way.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck with those babies. As they grow it doesn't get easier, just different. It's a learning experience for me every day. May Heavenly Father bless your family!

Jenni-mom of triplets Austin, Connor, and Kennedi, and 4-uear old Ellie

Megan said...

Two of my three had/have monitors. I know they suck, but at the same time it is a blessing because you know they are okay. One of them got taken off last week and I am hoping the second one gets taken off in two weeks! They download today! Good luck and hope yours can be free of them soon! It is so nice!!!