He became so fascinated with it that he wouldn't look at the camera but at least he was pleasant. When the girls started to take their turns being fussy, we grabbed 2 more tootsie roll pops from the candy dish.
When we were finishing up our little photo shoot, I noticed that Jamison had used his teeth to rip through the wrapper of the lollipop. He was very tickled and kept going back for more licks. I guess he figured out that cherry tastes better than paper, go figure! Since he had already gotten to the actual candy, we decided to let all three have a taste of the tootsie roll pop.
One taste turned into 2, and then into 3. I can tell you it definitely takes more than 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop because they kept on going!
Things were fine at first until they decided that they wanted to put their little paws on the lollipop instead of keeping them in their little mouths. This is when the sticky mess started! We got smart and put the bibs on the babies so that it wouldn't get all over their clothing. This worked for a minute but then they started putting their sticky fingers on us! This caused us to have a change of venue into the space saver high chairs!
I took them away as they started to get to the tootsie roll part of the pop but of course, they took great offense to this. Maybe next time, when they are a bit older, the lollipop guild can have the whole tootsie roll pop!




7 comments:
The new blog header is so cute! I love the high chairs too!
I had a mama bring a big lollipop to a photo shoot. You are sure right about a sticky mess!!
what an ordeal that turned into! LOL Looked super fun! Hey... you gotta do whatever works for pictures, right? ;)
How cool is that, I bet they loved it, having stickiness everywhere isn't so fun
Cute post! The candy must have been ALMOST as sweet as your kids! A word of free advice... Don't give in to the free lollipops at the haircut shop... add little pieces of cut hair to that sticky mess and there's nowhere to go from there but the tub! :)
Thank you for the comments. That means a lot to me. Your children are the sweetest little children I've ever seen. I never did like lollipops. :)
Hi there,
Just wanted to say that I'm totally enjoying looking at the pictures of your three little angels -they are absolutely precious. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have 3 at the same time, but how wonderful it must be when you get a moment when they are all happy at the same time...just seeing 3 adorable smiling faces at the same time would melt me heart!
Graham was about 11 months old when he had his first one. It was a similar situation, he saw one, and wanted it, and ate through the wrapper. I took it away when he slobbered through the stick and it broke. It broke his little heart.
Post a Comment