Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Picnic at the Park

A couple of weeks ago, I had been talking to a friend from church about how we hardly ever get out during the weekdays because of the logistics of taking 3 babies anywhere solo when she offered to bring her boys over so that we could walk the babies down to the park for a picnic lunch. I immediately took her up on the offer and she came over the very next day!

I had the babies all loaded up in the double and single strollers so that we'd be ready to roll, no pun intended when they arrived. Amber and 3 of her 5 boys Owen, Reilly and Pierce showed up with Subway in hand and were ready to help push strollers to the park. Once we made it down the hill, we set up blankets on the grass and enjoyed eating and playing in the shade. After getting our fill, we relocated to the playground. We hit the swings first and the kids LOVED it. Apparently, they are still small enough to fit two in a swing. The fun continued in the red tunnel.

Who's that behind me?

It's your mirror image!

Jamison holding on and having fun!

Krista and Jamison exploring the tunnel and their voices
while Kiera was too scared to go in.

More exploration with Reilly watching on.

Krista with wide eyed wonder!

Mommy got in on the action!

Kiera watching on from the outside of the tunnel.

Jamison looking out from the inside.
I managed to get this shot while I was in the tunnel
by sticking my arm through one of the holes and around in front. Not bad!

Buddies Pierce and Jamison!

Owen taking Kiera down the slide for her very first ride.
She didn't cry but I don't think she's a fan yet!

It was so nice to get out and I'm really grateful that Amber and the boys took the time out of their day to come hang out with us for a couple of hours. We'll have to do it again soon!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they loved it!

Megan said...

Looks like they had lots of fun! I still have not made it to the park yet...I am hoping sometime this month. I think the girls would love it! And seeing the pics of how much fun yours are having, it gives me hope that it might just be a success!

Tracy said...

I stumbled upon your blog and truly enjoyed it. Your little ones are adorable!!! I love reading the blogs of other mothers with triplets. Blessings, Tracy

Lloyd Family said...

So fun! You are quite the photographer :)

Anonymous said...

how fun! Sounds like the park is super close to you... that's great! We have to drive to get anywhere. Love the siamese twins in the swing ;)

Pam said...

First of all your children are absolutely adorable! So cute! I'm glad you found another mom to go to the park with. When my girls were small (they are 17 and 14 now), having a group of moms to go to the park with was my saving grace. I was very lucky to have a whole network of stay home moms in my neighborhood. I hope you are able to continue to do this. It's good for the soul.

Kiki said...

Great pictures. Adorable expressions on all the babies. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.
-Kiki

Bethany said...

So much fun! I love the pictures of them in the swings! :)

amber said...

Oh Jamie you are more than welcome. We had a ton of fun and can't wait to come over again. The babies were such good sports! And once again, I have to say you are an amazing photographer. I had no idea you were getting all those great shots!

amber said...

P.S. And I LOVE the new portraits and header!

Safire said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Love the swing picture.