It was back to the Dr.'s office today for our first round of Synagis shots for RSV. The babies will be receiving these shots for the next 5 months. Synagis is not a vaccine for RSV but does provide antibodies to help reduce the chances the babies will contract this serious lower respiratory tract disease, combined with our continued vigilence on the homefront with handwashing and screening visitors' health. I'm grateful that we were able to get these shots covered by our health insurance, only after numerous phone calls on our end. I know some parents of multiples who did not get approved for this and are paying $1800 per shot per baby per month!
Before it was shot time, each baby was weighed to determine the proper dosage. Their current weights are:
Krista - 13 lbs., 5.5 oz.
Jamison - 13 lbs., 6 oz.
Kiera - 10 lbs., 10.5 oz.
Jamison has been a bit of a lazy eater in the past couple of weeks. He better watch out or his sister is going to pass him up! We're also very pleased with Kiera's growth. She's recently gained some chubby cheeks and small rolls on her arms and legs.
The babies were quite offended when they got the injections but it was over pretty quickly. They have 30 days to put the memory behind them before we go back for round 2!
Before it was shot time, each baby was weighed to determine the proper dosage. Their current weights are:
Krista - 13 lbs., 5.5 oz.
Jamison - 13 lbs., 6 oz.
Kiera - 10 lbs., 10.5 oz.
Jamison has been a bit of a lazy eater in the past couple of weeks. He better watch out or his sister is going to pass him up! We're also very pleased with Kiera's growth. She's recently gained some chubby cheeks and small rolls on her arms and legs.
The babies were quite offended when they got the injections but it was over pretty quickly. They have 30 days to put the memory behind them before we go back for round 2!




1 comment:
I'm so glad I got to see more pictures! As I'm sure Andy told you, I haven't been in touch because of this horrible bout of strep. It even moved into my ear and I'm on my second round of super duper antibiotics. So needless to say - I miss you but until flu season passes or I leave my job at the pre-school, I'll remain scarce! Please keep in touch though!
Post a Comment