Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Photo Shoot

Let me first just say that these pictures are a big deal! We have been trying since September to get decent photos of the triplets and each time, something has gone wrong. Orginally, I had set up with another mother of multiples and photographer who had offered to take photographs of the kids for an outdoor shoot, but each time would be cancelled due to bad weather. By November, we were ready to try again and the kids were all sick as dogs so no such luck then either. In December, we thought we'd take them to a studio place just to get some shots for the holidays but then we had a blizzard on the day I scheduled to go and never made it back because of all the hectic holiday stuff going on.

So after letting the month of January pass us by, we finally set something up with a local photographer who took pictures for my cousin's wedding and did a fabulous job so I figured we'd give her a try. We went to her home where she has a studio and tried to get some family shots as well as individual pictures of the kids but it was chaos! No one wanted to cooperate and after two hours of pure hell, we were hoping something decent came out of the shoot. When we got home from the photo shoot, there was a message from the photographer. Turns out the memory card the pictures were taken on was corrupt so all of those images that were so painstakingly taken were lost! I was quite disappointed but quickly remembered that the shoot did not go as well as we had hoped so Tiffany, the photographer, said she would shoot them again free of charge once the weather got nicer outside, where we all hoped they would be more cooperative!

The week of the photo shoot arrived and so did Spring! The weather was beautiful and great for a photo shoot so I carefully selected outfits for everyone to wear. Then I heard the weather forecast for that Saturday: High's in the mid to upper 40's and windy! UGH! I definitely wanted everyone dressed in "springy" colors but the outfits I had chosen earlier just weren't going to work for the weather that day so I had to go out and get some things at the last minute. As you will see, I think they turned out really cute considering!

The kids did okay throughout the shoot, considering the weather, but they also had not been outside in a long time and just wanted to explore so it was quite the challenge trying to get them to stay still! We managed to get a couple family shots (which I desperately wanted to get prior to the birth of our new son this summer) but didn't really get any of the three kids together. We did, however, get some beautiful individual photos, which we will cherish for years to come, even if their hair may be a bit windblown and their cheeks windkissed!

Thanks to Tiffany Roundy, a very patient and talented photographer! Unfortunately, she won't be able to take pictures for us again because she has since moved to Texas but we're very grateful for the images we do have and would like to share some of them with you now. We'd love to hear what you think!















3 comments:

Megan said...

Yes, I know, they are getting so big! I can't believe how much hair yours have compared to mine! Are you ready for the 4th? He is such a blessing and I am so grateful for him! He is the icing on the cake! Let me know how its going!

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that they are almost two years old. The time has really flown by. It is harder to believe that they will soon be big brother and sisters to a new baby brother!

Mom

Chad and Kristina said...

I love all the pictures! They are beautiful!