Yes, this was the same thing I was thinking when the Pediatrician's office called last week to inform me that the Synagis shots had come in. When we went for the 9 month well visit, the Pedi said that they were finished but apparently, the insurance company approved a sixth round of shots per baby. We decided that we might as well take them up on the offer and went in yesterday for Round 6.
Everyone was fussing over the babies who were decked out in denim and people were commenting on how beautiful they are! We must have had 4 or 5 nurses come in to see them while we were waiting to receive the shots after getting the most updated weights. I apologize in advance that we don't have pictures from the visit. Our camera battery was charging at the time but I have included a recent photo of each baby with their newly posted weights:
Yes, the girls seemed to be a little lighter than they were 1.5 weeks ago but don't worry, we are feeding them! Actually, when they were weighed, it was right before they were due for bottles so that may have made the difference, plus it was a different scale from the one they were weighed on last time.
Jamison and Krista handled the shots pretty well, especially considering they had a bottle waiting for them after as a comfort. Kiera, on the other hand, was quite the character. When the nurse swabbed her legs to prep at the injection site, she kept giggling. I guess it tickled? This however, turned to loud, offended cries once the needle was placed in each thigh. She was LIVID and took a long time to settle down. Poor little girl!
Hopefully, this will be the last time the babies EVER get Synagis shots but we'll have to wait and see what the next RSV season holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I have 9 month old triplets also! We just went for our last synagis shots last week! We are blessed to have had them, but glad they are over too!! Your babies are adorable!! Not really sure how I found your blog just happened upon it!!
Isn't it sad to give shots, ugh, they are so happy and then they look at you like you let the nurse hurt them, its sad:( I love the photos;)
ITA, bittersweet--glad to have them but hate getting them!
The pictures are soooo cute!
the babies are so stinkin cute!!
Oh they are sooo cute! Thanks for visiting us!
What a beautiful family! Your litte ones are just adorable. I'm just loving all the pics, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment