So this baby has kind of been a secret for awhile now so it's nice to finally share with you what's been going on with us. We've been anxiously awaiting the day when we could find out the gender of our baby. It's been interesting reading about all of the old wives tales and other signs about gender prediction. Here's a few examples:
- The Chinese Gender Chart predicts that we're having a GIRL based on my age and month of conception.
- No morning sickness = BOY.
- Sleeping on my right side (I normally sleep on my left) = GIRL.
- I've been craving lots of sour and salty foods/drinks which claims I'm carrying a BOY.
- The heart rate has been in between 150-160 beats per minute which is supposed to mean it's a GIRL.
Anyhow, we decided to do one more gender predictor test using cake. We had heard of other people doing this and that it had always turned out accurate. Plus, who doesn't like having an excuse to have cake?! So my mother made two round pans of cake, coloring one pink and one blue. Then she cut each in half, stacked them, and combined the two stacks to make a full size layer cake. The cake was frosted completely so that the colors underneath were completely concealed and some sprinkles were thrown on top for added fun!

Next, Eric had to spin the cake...

Then I got to cut the cake. I was really nervous! So what did the cake predict?
BOY!So today we went in for our big ultrasound. Here's our baby blessing, who looks perfect!
It's a BOY!
It's a BOY!The cake was right and we cannot be more thrilled! We're especially happy that Jamison will have a little buddy. This baby BOY is due right around my 30th birthday, what a gift! Now we've got to figure out a name for this guy. Any suggestions? Right now, I'm thinking that I'd love a name that has an "i" in it but ends in"n" but I'm open to your ideas!





11 comments:
Congrats!! That cake thing is cute. :) Glad you're going to have 2 of each.
How fun! I was so excited to hear that you are expecting again. I remember you saying (shortly after the trio was born) that you think you'd like to have at least one more - and now you are!!
My suggestion is one of the first unique-ish names I thought of (we aren't using it): Eddison
We're STILL unsure about what name we'll give our little guy - and he's due in 3 weeks. Oh well. :)
Yay for even numbers! :)
what fun gender predictions!
if we have any more i hope i remember them and try them out...they sound fun. :)
congrats!
Congrats!!!
I suggest Aidan...but I could be partial ;)
Hugs to all of you!!
That is so cool! I will (hopefully) have to try that sometime. I think you need to give the new little one a "J" name to match his brother.
Aww! Congrats! I know how excited you must be...and how busy you're going to be!!
Congrats Jaime! You're really amazing... just with my twins I can't imagine having any more kids ANY time soon! That's so exciting!
This is so exciting! CONGRATS!!!!
I stumbled across your blog from another one and had to laugh at the coincidences. My name is Krista and I have a daughter named Jamie! To top it off - I lived in (Gaithersburg)MD many years ago.
I saw your post about expecting. How exciting! I have to agree with Amanda that is should start with a J.
With that and the "i" and "n" in mind I came up with several but Jaiden and Justin were my favorites.
My daughter is 14 so it has been a while since I have thought of baby names. It was fun - thanks!
Best wishes from Dallas.
Krista
Congrats!! I second the idea of a "J" name for this newest addition!
Definately a boy! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm also excited you're getting a singleton. Multiples are wonderful but having just one baby after the craziness of multiples is the best. I hope things continue to go well for you all.
Post a Comment