Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland


We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland outside! It had snowed about 6 inches overnight and continued to snow for 24 hours. By the time the storm was all said and done, we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground! Now in Maryland, we are often hit or miss when it comes to snow. However, I guess it's been 3 or 4 years since our last big snowstorm so we were due for a big one and that's exactly what we got!

The triplets were anxious to get outside to play in the snow. Actually, Jamison was too anxious and fell out the storm door while looking out at all the white!


Here's his imprint in the snow. He was quite surprised by it and cried for a minute but quickly recovered and was still eager to go out.


I had the foresight to buy snowsuits back in September at our local mothers of multiples club consignment sale but I hadn't gotten around to purchasing snow boots or mittens. I decided to keep the kids in their warm fleece jammies with the built-in footies but that made it so their feet would not fit inside their regular shoes. Fortunately, I had a stock pile of shoes in larger sizes in the closet upstairs so I dug some out that would do the trick. Then we used socks for mittens and we were good to go!

The kids got let out one at a time as I got them individually dressed and ready. It only took me 30 minutes to get everyone prepped! Eric had been outside shoveling the walk so he was ready to greet them with the camera to catch their candid reactions. By this point in the day, we had accumulated at least a foot of snow and it was still going strong.


Kiera was the first one out of the gate and seemed pretty excited about the snow until Eric put her IN the snow. I think her facial expression in this shot tells it all!



And here's where she left her mark!


She much prefered to crawl and walk around!


Jamison was next to come out and he loved every minute of it. Even though he cheeks turned rosy almost immediately, it didn't keep him from exploring and posing for the camera!



Krista, who was so anxious to get outside, especially after watching her brother and sister go before her, wasn't really sure what to think at first.


Within a minute or two though, she was on the move and tickled with all the white stuff.



Here are my blizzard babies sitting on a huge heap of snow!


Here are a few more of my favorites from our snow day:




It was fun to be a part of watching the kids experience snow for the first time. I'm sure this will be the first of many snow days in our future!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

The picture of Kiera in the snow is hilarious-- a keeper for sure!!! Glad your family was able to enjoy the snow (mostly!)

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

I love it! You did get a fairy winter wonderland up there. Wow!