Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a quiet Valentine's Day here on the homefront. Eric was busy all day doing service at our church in preparation for Stake Conference so unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of him. Nonna and Poppy came over to help out and we enjoyed their company. They also stayed with the babies so that Eric and I could attend the adult session of Stake Conference at the church in the evening. It would have been nice if we could have gone out afterward but Eric had to stay late to ensure the technology equipment was put away and that everything was squared away for today's meeting.

I had fun taking photos of the babies in their Valentine's Day attire. Nonna had purchased some outfits for the babies and then we unexpectedly received a valentine's gift package from another set of triplets out in Utah, who sent us onesies, bibs and hats for the trio and some warm, fuzzy Valentine's socks for mom. That was such a nice surprise and everything was packaged so cute! Thanks to triplet mommy, Roxane, and her little cupids: Lucas, Reese and Avery.


Here's the contents of our Valentine's package

Kiera trying to open the wrapping with her mouth

Speaking of Kiera, she has been babbling quite a bit over the past couple of weeks and today my parents claim that she said, "I love you." Poppy has been trying to get her to say it this weekend and then while she was playing in her jumperoo, she apparently just said it. They claim she has since said it 3 other times and has said the shortened version "love you" twice. Mommy and Daddy have yet to confirm this as they were taking a nap when this supposedly occured. It is also suspected that she has said "da-da." Eric has been saying for awhile now that Kiera has been striving to be like her Mommy, who began talking at 8 months and it sounds like she may have just done it! We'll be sure to get it on video when we hear it ourselves.


Poppy and the posing princesses

Poppy ♥'s his granddaughters!


Cutie pie, Jamison sporting his festive red hat



Kiera sitting pretty



Smiley Krista



My three little lovebugs!




Another shot, what sweeties!


Kiera loves her brother!

Jamison is such a happy guy!

Kiera is pretty in pink!


Krista is a little cupcake!



Sisterly love!



The girls in their matching jammies, thanks Nonna!



Two "be mine" booties!

Looking cute in their pink hats!

I think the Valentine's photo shoot is officially over!

13 comments:

amy & lisa said...

Adorable! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your children are too cute!

I have been trying to get my son to say "I love you" but so far his favorite thing to say is "goodbye" over and over again.

Margaret said...

They are so cute. I love those PJs.

Megan said...

Very cute pics! My mom swears one of my girls says hello! I still have not heard it!

Anonymous said...

They are absolutly darling! As for the "I love you", babies are like the dancing singing frog, they never say or do things when you want to show off! Soooooooo CUTE!!!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WE LOVE YOU. PROUD GRANNY

Megan said...

My goodness, I love those nighties, your children look adorable in them!

Anonymous said...

Julie was six months old when a roommate of marie said say Elma and Julie said clearly Elma! Never said it again!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Cute! When you are taking close up flash photos with your point and shoot camera try putting a piece of tissue or toilet paper over the flash so it diffuses the light a little. It should also help the color come out more normal. This only works from 1-3 feet away from your subject. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

The picture titled "Sisterly Love" is too cute!! Your triplets are growing up so fast and they look so cute.

amber said...

Jamison is such a little hunk! Thanks for sharing the love with Pierce. I want to squeeze Krista's cutie cheeks! Kiera is as cute as can be. What a pile of sweethearts to love!

Brooke said...

Oh, these Valentine pics are SOOOO cute!

The cutest twins and a surprise ! said...

You have a beautiful family! love this post!

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

Oh my heck!!! I love them! They are so freaking cute!!! You have some heartbreakers on your hands!