Saturday, February 28, 2009

An overdue update

I just realized that it's been well over a week since I last made a post, OOPS! Where does the time go? Here's what we've been up to since the last post.

Eric's cousin Matt's wife, Lisa, came to visit last Friday, the 20th. She was in the area for a work conference so she got to come stay with us for a couple of nights after it was over before flying back to Utah. We got to take her to Washington DC to see some of the sites on Saturday while my parents watched the babies. We visited the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, The Capitol, Arlington National Cemetery, Vietnam and Korean Memorials, and the White House. She will have to come back with her husband because there is still plenty more to see. It was fun showing her around the city since she had never been before. It was also fun to get to know her better and to introduce her to the triplets! She even brought a toy for them in her suitcase which they absolutely loved.

Krista has been trying to escape from the changing station on the Pack-n-play lately. I love this sequence of photos. She is such a little character!


As each day passes, the babies become more and more aware of each other. Their interactions are so sweet!








On Thursday, we received an unexpected knock on the door. I was very surprised to find my grandparents on the stoop, who live over an hour away! They were in the area so they thought they would stop by. It was
great to visit with them! Dad-Dad and Me-Me were equally surprised
with how big the babies had grown since the last time they had seen
them a little before Christmas.



All this week, I spent a lot of time preparing for the local Mothers
of Multiples consignment sale. We have so much baby stuff around the house that we no longer use, especially clothing, so I decided to try my hand at it. On Friday, a sister from the ward, Shirley, came over to help me feed the babies and tag items for the sale. Well the girls were supposed to be napping while we were tagging but they just couldn't resist the urge to see what we were up to so they ended up hanging out with us while we worked. Who knew they would be so easily entertained by clothes hangers? The sale was a success and we think we made a couple hundred dollars!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love the video and the picture of Krista hugging Kiera! It will be so fun when our babies start noticing eachother... my Dad will be in Arlington the end of March for a funeral.... Im sure he'll have much to tell me.

Cammie said...

popping in from SITS to say hi! Gorgeous babies!!

April said...

I love the new look to your blog it is awesome!!!! How fun that Lisa was able to come and hang out--what a treat. I Just love the escape pictures I remember those days!

Lani said...

stopping by from sits... your little ones are super cute!

Donnetta said...

I can't imagine WHY it's been a while since you posted... :)

They are precious! And adorable pics!

Thanks for visiting & commenting!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Wow, you do have your hands full. They are precious. Congrats on the good luck you had with the sale. That sounds amazing.

Small House said...

HI! Just stopping in from SITS! You roll called right before me.

What adorable babies you have. You must have your handsful. But wow, isn't it worth it. They are so precious.
Have a great day.

Porters said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You've got some cute kiddos!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

The kiddos are really starting to show their personalities in photos. It only gets better from here! When are you going to Utah? Do you think you guys will try for more kids?

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my goodness...how sweet and cute! Your hands are full!!! Wow!
sandy toe

amber said...

Three wiggly Bumbo sitters! Hoe cute!

tammy said...

We're close to DC, too. Love the pictures. (esp. the baby peeking over the changing table...she'll be escaping in no time!!)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, those babies are SOOOOOOOOOOOO squishable, I seriously love them!!!!!

scrappysue said...

i don't know how you even have time to blog! your babies are gorgeous!