Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Collin's 1st Week of Life


Since I had a c-section, I stayed at the hospital for three nights after Collin's delivery. Most would probably be anxious to get out of the hospital but I actually welcomed the longer stay because it allowed me to rest up before going home to the chaos. Fortunately, my parents were kind enough to take care of the triplets the whole time I was in the hospital and Eric was able to stay with us.

On Friday, two days after the delivery, I had my parents bring the trio up to the hospital to meet their baby brother for the first time. This was the longest amount of time I'd been away from them since birth and was excited to see them! The nurses all gawked at the kids as they came into the Mother/Baby Unit and presented them with "I'm a big brother!" and "I'm a big sister!" stickers.

For days, the kids have been calling for "mama" over at Nonna and Poppy's house so when they toddled into the room and saw me sitting there, they were very pleased. Kiera was the first to notice Collin and she exclaimed, "Day-de! Day-de!" (translation: Baby! Baby!)


Krista and Jamison were a bit apprehensive at first but didn't take long to show their affection to Collin, giving a hug and kiss.



Here is a picture of the proud big brother and sisters once they got back from visiting us at the hospital:


They had to wait one more day until it would be time for "mama", "dada" and "bubba" to come home to join them. The next day, we got Collin dressed up in his take-home outfit. He really is "unbearably cute!"


Then it was time to head home!


When we arrived, the trio came right over to the baby to check him out again. It took several days of adjusting and realizing that mommy has to devote a lot of time to the baby for feeding, changing, etc. but overall, the kids are really enjoying having a baby brother.


I have been fortunate to have the help of my wonderful mother, who took off a month from work to assist me with taking care of the kids, as well as my father, who also helps out a lot. Since our home has so many steps, they allowed the kids and I to stay at their home while Eric completed some home improvement projects with the house being vacant. It has been nice to have him come over to visit in the evening after working to spend time with us and the baby.



Here are a couple other pictures from Collin's first week. He is such a good baby! People are always asking me if I'm getting any sleep. Lucky for me, he only gets up once in the night to eat so no complaints here! I guess this is one of the perks to having such a large baby.


8 comments:

Chad and Kristina said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable! I guess I haven't looked at your blog in a while, but your trio is getting so big and so so cute! Good job on all the posts!

Cleverly Triple said...

SSSSSOOOO cute! and look how big/old your trio is getting/looking! adorable kids.

alisha peterson said...

He is just so adorable. I'm glad you are able to get some sleep and that your mom is there to help. Love and miss you all.

AmyK said...

Glad to hear it's going well! Edwin was sleeping through the night by 6 weeks, and I think it's b/c he was so big - that's a great thing about big babies!!

Lisa said...

he is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

sevencherubs said...

congrats on the new baby - your blog is so cute and the pictures of your kids down the side are to die for :) just too cute! I wish you lots of sleep! Naomi

Cynthia said...

My GOODNESS you two make gorgeous children! He is so handsome! I hope you're finding out how much easier a singleton is than multiples (though probably not all that easy with multiples for siblings). Hope you're keeping up!

scrappysue said...

you had another baby!!! and you haven't blogged since!!! i don't blame you - u probably don't have a SPARE SECOND! congrats on your beautiful family - hope ur all well