Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A new kind of pacifier

So all of my babies take a pacifier, at least part of the time. I guess this is a good thing considering there are three of them and they must learn to be patient and wait their turn for things, especially for feeding time. On occasion, the trio have found their fingers to suck on, although they aren't savvy enough yet to connect their thumb to their mouth. Kiera has been the most aggressive sucker of the three and was even holding the thing in her mouth her first day of life, even though the pacifier was almost as big as she was! She's our own Maggie Simpson with the pacifier bobbing in and out. Krista enjoys sucking as well but is not nearly as vigorous as her little sis and tends to prefer Poppy's shirt.

And then, there's Jamison. He sucks his pacifier so sloppily, it pops right out of his mouth and then has to learn to live without, because I refuse to stick it back in after he's plopped it right back out when it's been repositioned several times over in a matter of seconds! Well over the weekend, Jamison found a new pacifier, one that doesn't pop out all of the time and require Mom and Dad's services...his arm.



When he first started sucking on his arm, I didn't think it was a very big deal and it seemed to be doing the trick. A few minutes later though, I noticed a reddish purple mark on the spot he had been sucking moments earlier. At first, I thought he had scratched himself, as this is a rather common occurence for him (notice his nose in the pictures) but then I realized that what I was seeing was no scratch, it was a hickey!


The look of satisfaction on his face was priceless. If only he knew that these pictures will be resurfacing when he's 16 and wants to date!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Jamie,
Your babies are so cute! I'm so happy for you.

alisha peterson said...

Its so great to see how your babies and your are doing. It's amazing to think you have three and they are just adorable.